3. Were you all in a high school band together or did the band form elsewhere?
4. IT WAS FORMED ELSEWHERE. FROM THE ASHES OF A FEW OTHER LOCAL BANDS. OUR SINGER ROWIE ACTUALLY CAME UP WITH THE CONCEPT, HE WAS DRUMMING IN A BAND AT THE TIME AND HE REALLY WANTED TO CONCENTRATE ON VOCALS. THERE ALSO WERE NO OTHER HARDCORE BANDS ON THE COAST EITHER SO I GUESS WE HOPED TO FILL THAT VOID SOMEWHAT.
5. How long ago was that? EARLY 2000, BUT WE HAVE HAD 5 LINE UP CHANGES THROUGH THE YEARS SO WE ARE CONSTANTLY HAVING TO START FRESH. WE NOW HAVE OUR MOST SOLID LINE UP TO DATE AND ARE BUSY PLAYING AND WRITING MATERIAL FOR OUR NEXT RELEASE.
6. How did the band name come about?
WE STOLE IT FROM A SEPULTURA SONG, OFF THE ALBULM BENEATH THE REMAINS.
7. What style would you guys categorise yourselves in?
WE ARE A METAL INFLUENCED HARDCORE BAND. ALTHOUGH WE ARE CATAGORISED WITHIN A CERTAIN SCENE OUR INFLUNCES ARE BROAD, AND WE WANT TO PLAY WITH ALL STYLES OF MUSIC FROM HARDCORE TO METAL TO MELODIC PUNK AND TAKE OUR MUSIC TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE.
8. What would your greatest achievement as a band to-date be?
9. THE RELEASE OF OUR DEBUT CD ASWELL AS OUR RECENT TOUR OF MELBOURNE AND ADELAIDE. TO WORK WITH PEOPLE SUCH AS GRAHEM AT RESIST RECORDS AND THERON RENNISON WHO PRODUCED OUR CD IS A REAL PRIVILIDGE. ALSO EVERYONE THAT WE HAVE MET ON THE ROAD AND AT THE SHOWS INTERSTATE IS AMAZING. IT IS THE PEOPLE BEHIND THE SCENES THAT MAKE THESE OUR ACHEIVEMENTS.
10. What would some of the musical influences behind Stronger Then Hate consist of?
OUR INFLUENCES RANGE FROM STRAIGHT UP HARDCORE SUCH AS SICK OF IT ALL TO METAL LIKE SLAYER AND BOLT THROWER. OUR MAJOR INFLUENCE IS THE EUROPEAN METALCORE SCENE/SOUND, BANDS LIKE ARKANGEL AND LENGTH OF TIME.
11. You guys have just launched your brand new E.P “As Seasons Pass”, will this E.P be available for purchase either in record stores through out Australia or online?
IT WAS RELEASED ON RESIST RECORDS. THEY HAVE PRETTY GOOD DISTROBUTION THROUGHOUT AUSTRALIA AND EUROPE. SO YOU CAN BASICALLY GET IT ANYWHERE IF YOU ASK. IT IS ALSO AVAILABLE FROM US DIRECTLY OR ONLINE FROM RESIST WWW.RESISTRECORDS.LIVE.COM.AU
12. Do you guys have any previous releases?
WE HAVE TWO SELF FUNDED DEMO CD’S THAT WE RECORDED PRIOR TO THE EP.
13. Does your home-town of The Central Coast support the style of music S.T.H play or do you find you are needing to travel to Sydney to get gigs?
UNFORTUNATLY THERE ARE NOT TOO MANY VENUES ON THE CENTRAL COAST SO MOST OF OUR SHOWS ARE IN SYDNEY. THIS IS ALSO WHERE THE LABEL IS BASED, AND THEY HAVE A STRONGER HARDCORE SCENE THAN WE DO HERE, IT SUCKS BUT YOU HAVE TO PLAY WHERE YOU CAN.
14. Whilst on a Melbourne and Adelaide tour, playing along side the likes of Sydney’s Irrelevant and Japan’s ‘Numb’, were their any future tour plans or on/offstage antics portrayed?
WE ACTUALLY DIDN’T GET TO PLAY WITH THOSE GUYS AWAY, WE TOOK IRRELEVANTS TOUR BECAUSE THEY JOINED ONE DOLLAR SHORT’S TOUR, THOUGH WE DID GET TO PLAY WITH NUMB AT HARDCORE 2002. AS FOR FUTURE PLANS, WE REALLY WANT TO TRAVEL AGAIN, ADELAIDE HAS AN AMAZING SCENE AND GREAT SHOWS AND SO DOES MELBOURNE, HOPEFULLY NEXT TIME WE WILL BE ABLE TO INCORPORATE THE NORTHERN AREAS WHEN WE TRAVEL AGAIN.
ANTICS? WHERE DO I BEGIN? ALTHOUGH BOTH DAVE AND MYSELF (ROB) ARE SINGLE, I AM SURE THE OTHERS GUYS GIRLFREINDS WOULD NOT APPRECIATE ANY ELABORATION. I DID LOOSE MY JOB OVER ONE INCIDENT THOUGH, THE RUMOURS TRAVELLED 1000KM!!!!!!’
15. What 3 bands would you like to play with in the future?
WE HAVE BASICALLY PLAYED WITH EVERYONE WE WOULD LIKE TO IN THE HARDCORE SCENE, EXCEPT EMBODIMENT 12:14 FROM ADELAIDE SO I GUESS THAT WOULD BE COOL, MAYBE BLOOD DUSTER AND DESTROYER 666 IN AUSTRALIA, BUT IF WE ARE TALKING ANYONE AT ALL THEN DEFINITLEY HATEBREED, THE HAUNTED AND SLAYER.
16. What was the last gig you went to?
17. HARDCORE 2002.
18. – C.D you brought?
SHOTPOINTBLANK – “KILL…>BREATH>…KILL.”
19. All time favourite disc?
TO MANY TO SAY, AT THE MOMENT, PROBABLY SHOTPOINTBLANK OR THE HAUNTED – “THE HAUNTED MADE ME DO IT.”
20. Where do you see yourselves in 12-18 months?
HOPEFULLY TO BE STILL DOING WHAT WE ARE, JUST ON A LARGER SCALE, PERHAPS ANOTHER RELEASE AND SOME CONSTANT TOURING.
21. O.K have you got any words to sum up Stronger Than Hate?